Monday 15 December 2014

White Orchid

 
 



This was taken a while ago. I had recently bought the Tamron 70-300 Tele-photo/Macro Lens as I wanted to start taking pictures of wildlife, without getting to close to them and being chased around by angry animals.

Whilst at home I was testing lens at close range and I took this image of the orchid. unfortunately the Tamron lens took its time trying to focus on the petals and, so I chose of the manual option, which was far easier and quicker than the auto-focus option.

My main focus as you can see was on the detail on the in the flower itself. It came our very clear. I used a timer to take the picture as it was on a tripod, on the table which was not that sturdy. This image was the end result of several test shots and different angles and lighting. it is by far one of my favourite shots.

I did enjoy taking this photo and although the Tamron 70-300mm Lens wasn't the most reliable whilst using autofocus it did take an incredible shot which was incredibly detailed.

Tell me what you think and what you would done differently in the comments below.

Gerrod Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment